Frances K. Sweet Magnet School provides a family-oriented, small-school environment. It is a traditional academic school that emphasizes academic scholarship, patriotism, citizenship, and other traditional values.
Here are a dozen reasons to choose F.K. Sweet Elementary Magnet School:
You want your child to attend a school with a traditional academic focus where children are well disciplined and learn in an orderly environment.
You want a school that has been ranked an “A” for 13 consecutive years, met federal guidelines of the No Child Left Behind Act for eight years,
is a Music Demonstration School, and an Annenburg/Getty Art School.
You want a curriculum that focuses on relevant and engaging activities that require higher order thinking skills.
You want your child to have the opportunity to access higher level curriculum through the Gifted Program.
You want your child to dress for success to promote school spirit and citizenship.
You want high expectations for academic, social, and personal development as a central focus for your child to excel.
You want your child immersed in a family-oriented, warm atmosphere where certified and highly qualified teachers are nurturing and committed
to building relationships with parents.
You want your child to experience the world through a wealth of materials in the media center.
You want your child to have a deep understanding of all content knowledge.
You want your child to integrate the arts, music, and physical education programs into his or her studies.
You want your child to use technology as a learning tool and receive technology instruction in our two fully-equipped computer labs.
You want your child to be given the opportunity to get involved in extracurricular activities, such as violin, chorus, and camera crew.
- An “A” school designated by the Department of Education – 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Recipient of the Five Star School Award/Golden School Award from the Florida Department of Education – 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Met Federal Government Standards for Education for the No Child Left Behind Act, “Adequate Yearly Progress” – 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Employs six National Board Certification Teachers (Mrs. Johnson, Mrs. Schott, Mrs. Routten, Mrs. Ackenbrack, Mrs. Mayberry, Mrs. Kline)
- Stock Market Challenge sponsored by the Florida Economics Council – Third Place Elementary Division, 2013 (Annamarie Brosnihan, Matthew Callahan, Robert Hofher)
- St. Lucie County Fair – People’s Choice Award 2007, 2013
- District Winner for Dr. Samuel S. Gaines Essay Contest 2013 (Animesh Saha)
- District Winner for Martin Luther King Float, 2007, District Runner Up 2012 and 2013
- District Second Place Winner for Martin Luther King Oratorical Contest 2013 (Wesley Hinds)
- District Second Place Winner for Act of Kindness Week, 2013
- District Spelling Bee First Place Winner, 2011, 2012 (Rida Ahmed)
- St. Lucie County Fair – First Place Elementary School Display, 2012
- Veteran’s Essay Contest Runner Up 2012 (China Whitehead )
- District Third Place Winner for MLK Act of Kindness Week, 2010, 2012
- District Winner for Martin Luther King Essay Contest, 2011, 2012 (Jerry Miles Johnson, III)
- District Winner for Martin Luther King Oratorical Contest, 2008, 2011, 2012 (Jerry Miles Johnson, III)
- District MLK Spelling Bee Winner, 2011 (Cindy Frio)
- Home of the St. Lucie County School-Related Employee of the Year, 2005 (Mrs. Fowler)
- St. Lucie County Regional Science Fair Physics and Astronomy Second Place Winner, 2010 (Lexia Tyrrell)
- St. Lucie County Regional Science Fair Chemistry Second Place Winner, 2010 (Haniya Shareef)
- Annenburg/Getty Art Partner Model School – one of six in the state and 36 nationwide
- Home of Red Zone Winner for Teacher of Excellence Utilizing Technology Grant, 2008 (Mrs. Adrian)
- National and State Essay Winner, “Proud to be an American”, 2007 (Christian Medina)
- District winners for DAR Essay Contest, 2004 (Seth Herrick and Eric Shea), 2006 (Eric Campbell) & 2007 (Cody Denig)
- District Outstanding Principal Award, 2007 (Juanita Wright)
- Music Demonstration School – one of four in the state, 1998, 2002, 2006
- Home of the St. Lucie County Volunteer of the Year, 2005 (Mrs. Adams)
- Home of the St. Lucie County Social Studies Teacher of the Year, 2004 (Mrs. Routten)
- Home of the St. Lucie County Teacher of the Year, Zone II Finalist, 2004 (Mrs. Routten)
- Listed as “Best Practices School” in the Florida Department of Education “Art Achieve” Document, 2003
- Chosen as Reader’s Choice / Best Local Elementary School by the Tribune – 2002
- District and State Winner for Outstanding Assistant Principal, 2001 (Juanita Wright)
- Home of the Art Association Florida Art Teacher of the Year, 2000 (Mrs. Schott)