Fort Pierce Central High School is a member of the Treasure Lake Conference. The various teams, known as the “COBRAS”, participate in the following sports: cross country, wrestling, basketball, track, golf, tennis, swimming, bowling, and soccer. Football is a not part of the conference.
**For information regarding athletics, please contact the Athletic Director.
Cobra Athletic Calendar August 2013
Cobra Athletic Calendar September 2013
Cobra Athletic Calendar October 2013
Cobra Athletic Calendar November 2013
Here is a small recap of what happened in athletics one week:
Volleyball: Played 5 sets against Saint Edwards before falling. This was possible the best played home match I have seen this year.
Defeated Centennial 3-1
Defeated PSL 3-1
Bowling: Defeated Centennial with total 6-1. Kyle Glenton lead the boy’s team with a 230, 203, 187 . Girls tried hard but could not pull it out. The team gave a valiant effort but could not pull it out against Martin Co. The boys managed to win two of the three baker games.
Cross Country: Ran in in the John I Leonard Invitational finishing in the top 5 in the boys and girls.
Girls Golf : Competed against PSL and South Fork in a close one losing 102 to 95 to PSL and defeating South Fork 102 -134.
Swimming: The girls team beat John Carroll with total points and the boys gave it a great effort.
JV football: Rain out.
Next weeks events are:
Tues: Swimming Awat Sail Fish Point 5pm, Volleyball at LPA 4/5, Boys Golf at Mariner Sands 3:30, JV Football vs Treasure Coast @ Stuart Lanes, Bowling at M.C. Stuart Lanes 3:30
Wed: Girls Golf vs Centennial and Martin Co. @ PGA 3:30
Thur. Swim at Okee vs Centennial/Okee, Volleyball @ Treas. Coast 5/6, Boys Golf vs PSL/Cent/Okee @ Saints Course 3:30, Girls Golf vs John Carroll @ St. James 3:30, Bowling @ Jensen Lanes 3:30
Friday: Varsity Football vs Vero at Lawnwood 7:00
Hope to see you at some of the events !!:)
General Athletic Regulations
- Academic work, conduct, and attendence must be satisfactory. Minimum 2.0 G.P.A.
- Athletes must be in attendance at school on days of all practices and games.
- Athletes must abide by all of the rules and regulations as set up for the various sports by the FHSAA and by the coaching staff of each sport.
- Must be a bona-fida student of Fort Pierce Central High School who has been assigned to attend this school by student assignment.
- Any student on the obligation list at Fort Pierce Center High School must clear the obligation prior to participating on a school team.
- The limit of eligibilty is four years. Each student has four years to participate in athletics from the day they first successfully complete the eighth grade. In order to participate, all other requirements of eligibilty must be met by the student-athlete and must be under 19 years 9 months of age.
All ninth grade students who have been regularly promoted will be eligible for the fall semester. At the conclusion of the first semester, the student must have a 2.0 grade point average in order to remain eligible. If a 9th grade student is promoted with AIP from the 8th grade as a result of failing a core curriculum subject she/he is ineligible to participate as an athlete until she/he have earned a 2.0 grade point average for a semester (18 weeks). This is a state rule. A 2.0 grade point average must be maintained for the remainder of the students’ high school years in order to be eligible for athletics. Any ninth grader who loses eligibilty during the first semester and then earns a 2.0 or higher grade point average for the second semester may be declared eligible at the beginning of the tenth grade. Eligibility will be restored to 10th graders who have earned a 2.0 during the second semester of their freshman year and who sign a contract of academic performance to maintain at least a 2.0 each semester. Student-athletes under this contract must raise their overall grade point average to a 2.0 by the 11th grade to remain eligible under this program.
Academic Eligibilty is based upon cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above since entering the ninth grade.
Sports schedule found on School Board of St. Lucie County Web Site.