Mission: The mission of Lawnwood Elementary School is to provide rigorous, quality instruction, which will prepare our students to meet the challenges they will encounter throughout all developmental and social stages of life.
About Us: Centrally located in Fort Pierce, Lawnwood offers an academic curriculum that helps children meet our goals: to increase achievement in ELA and mathematics and to ensure safety and compliance with school rules. We offer a full-time gifted program to eligible students. All of our students and teachers have access to the latest computer equipment and software programs in our classrooms and computer lab.
- At Lawnwood, we feel we are empowered to build a better future, one student at a time.
- Active PTO support and activities
- Monthly Family Literacy Events
- Four Nationally Board Certified Teachers
- 4 Coaches to support teachers and students with instruction for grades K-5
- An RTI specialist – student intervention strategies for learning
- PBIS Model School – Silver Level
- Over 15,000 volunteer hours — Golden School Award
- Received the Commissioner of Education’s Five Star School Award for community involvement
- Continued successful Big Brothers/Big Sisters “Jump into Reading” Mentoring program and AmeriCorp Mentoring Program
- Recipient of numerous St. Lucie County Education Foundation Classroom grants
Meet the Administration:
Children are treasured at Lawnwood Elementary! There is a rich and proud history and tradition at our school. With over fifty years of academic excellence, students are provided an unparalleled education, preparing them for future success. Our dedicated faculty and staff work diligently to provide each child with superior knowledge and skills. Academic excellence will be reached with the continued support of parents, community members, and business partners. At Lawnwood Elementary, we are building a better future, one student at a time!
Lorie Monroe–Assistant Principal