MANATEE REQUIRED DRESS CODE:
Final determination of dress code violation either listed/unlisted will be at the discretion of the administration.
Appropriate Dress Code
- Any solid color or striped collared shirt with sleeves. Small, discreet brand names or emblems are permissible. Manatee School T-Shirts / Spirit Shirts may be worn Monday – Friday. Shirts must be tucked in at the waist. No visible camisoles or t-shirts underneath or on top of collared shirts.
- Shorts and skirts must be the appropriate length.
- Dresses must have sleeves and be the appropriate length.
- Belts must be worn, if there are belt loops, 1st – 8th grades.
- Shoes must be closed toe with back straps – no wheels.
- Hoods on jackets/sweatshirts only allowed to be worn outside.
- Clothing with: profanity; sexual references; alcohol/tobacco/drug reference; messages, writing symbols of intimidation/violence.
- Tube tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, bare midriff, muscle shirts, halters, backless, sleeveless, see through or suggestive clothing.
- Hats, caps or visors.
- Excessively soiled or frayed, patched, cut-off or torn clothing.
- Earrings should be no longer than 2 inches.
- Curlers or other hair grooming aids.
- Sunglasses – except with medical permit.
- Athletic shorts, spandex, tight fitting apparel, sweat suits11.
- Do rags, bandannas, sweat bands, or other gang related apparel.
- Excessive or large jewelry, including anything spiked or heavy enough to hurt someone. Only plain or charm style necklaces.
- Long belts or items hanging from belt.