Morningside is the oldest school in Port Saint Lucie and has a long, deeply rooted tradition of excellence. Our gifted program is noted for its rigor and relevance. The Odyssey of the Mind program is world renowned and continues to challenge students to think. With the partnering of students, staff, and parents, the vision of the school community thrives. Instruction is traditional yet, innovative, engaging, differentiated, standards-based and designed to meet the needs of each student. Teachers are experienced, skilled in their craft, and have a deep pedagogy which helps to ensure student achievement.
This plan outlines how MSE and parents are going to work together for success of all students. Please take time to read this plan.
Grace Packs are going strong and we are servicing 50 students! If you are a business partner and are interested in sponsoring this program for the 2013-2014 school year, please let us know!
As always, thank you for your support!Read More
Congratulations to our Volunteers of the Year for the 2013-2014 school year!
Senior Volunteer: Mrs. Tucker
Adult Volunteer: Mrs. Kim Lorenzatto
Youth Volunteer: Miss Andrea Crispino
Thank you to everyone for coming in and volunteering their time to work with students, help in the office, or help make copies. No service is too small.
This year the district has gone away from paper applications to electronic applications. Here are the step by step directions of accessing the electronic applications:
* Go to the District Website: www.stlucie.k12.fl.us
* Click on the Jobs tab across the top.
* Click on the Click to Apply box.
* Click on the link: Click to view current job openings.
* Under the Position heading, select Volunteer.
* Under the Assignment heading, select Volunteer (Non-Paid).
* Under the Location heading, select St. Lucie Schools.
* Click on the Search for Posted Positions button.
* Select Volunteer and click Apply for Posted Position.
* You will be prompted to create a username and password.
* Please keep this for your records.
* There are three mandatory sections that must be completed before the application will be accessible for clearance and approval.
* You will receive an e-mail notification when you have been approved to volunteer.
If you are interested in volunteering, you may contact Volunteer Coordinator, Mikea Jordan (337-6730).
If you are an MSE alumnus, you may purchase a “Forever Blue Jay” to be hung on our alumni wall for $10.00.Read More