Dear Parents and Students –
Congratulations for finishing out a unique year! The work you have done this year has been remarkable, we are proud of all the efforts you have put forth in tackling online learning. Summertime allows us to continue our learning and below are highlights of some of the resources available to you for summer learning. Summer Slide resources (activities and links) are available to you on the St. Lucie Public Schools website (https://www.stlucie.k12.fl.us/seasonal/summer-slide/).
Reading Plus, Achieve3000 and Algebra Nation is available to all students until July 20th.
Students can work on lessons from their current teachers if available. Students should continue to work each week on materials to keep up their skills and readiness
On the SLPS District Website, families can access the Summer Slide Resources. This rich repository allows access any time, any place to resources that are designed to help students maintain their academic momentum. Grade level resources are arranged by content, including arts/technology, English language arts (ELA), English language learners (ELL), math, science, social studies, and college career readiness. Here are some highlighted resources:
· CommonLit is an online reading resources that allow students to read books and stories on a variety of topics. Teachers can always suggest their favorites for students to read during the summer.
· Khan Academy has a variety of lessons, videos, and practice on skills and ideas that student work on throughout the school year. Students who have accounts connected to their PSAT/SAT assessments can continue their pathways of learning.
· PhET provides fun, free, interactive simulations in both science and mathematics to enhance student understanding of concepts and ideas.
· iCivics increases students’ knowledge of civics through interactive and engaging learning resources.
· Plus more!
All Grade Levels:
· Virtual Field Trips are available to help students see all the world has to offer! Check out the Yellowstone Virtual Tour, the Great Wall of China, or the San Diego Virtual Field Trip to travel without leaving your house!
· Code.org allows for students to interact in the technology world that promotes student interactions in game like atmosphere while learning how to code.
Have a wonderful, healthy and safe summer.
The Central Family