- Check your graduation requirements on Skyward.
- Check your status for Bright Futures including Gold Seal(vocational).
- Check your school email daily for important information and events.
- Sign up for SAT, ACT, and/or ASVAB(for students interested in military)
- If you took the school day SAT last year and were on free/reduced lunch, your 2 free SAT waivers are already loaded on your college board account to retake the SAT.
- Apply for scholarships. Scholarships will be emailed to your school email. Check out Fastweb.com, join for free.
- Attend Career and College Readiness Night at Port St Lucie High School TBA to get assistance with the financial aid process, FAFSA, other scholarships, visit with IRSC Program advisors including career technical training, and recruiters from the military branches.
- Attend the College Fair at the Fenns Center TBA, 6pm to 8pm at the Fenn Center. Over 80 colleges and universities represented.
- If you are interested in going straight into the workforce, sign up for State of the Jobs field trip TBA. See Ms. Brooks ASAP in 941B!!
- Apply for FAFSA in October 1st!!! Requirement for federal and state grants, loans, and Bright Futures. We will host a FAFSA help session at 6:00pm in the media center TBA.
- Adhere to all application deadlines.
- Make sure all community service hours are turned into JAG services monthly to meet BF requirements.
- Complete SLPS Free/Reduced Online Meal Application to see if you qualify for 2 SAT/ACT fee waivers.
- Check graduation requirements via Skyward and GPA.
- Make sure to check college application status and beat deadlines.
- Want to explore colleges with on site scholarship opportunities? Sign up for Historically Black & Hispanic College Fair(HBCU) field trip via Naviance.
- Apply for State for Florida Financial Aid 12/1. One application for Bright Futures and other State of Florida Scholarships.
- Continue to check school email. The St. Lucie Education Foundation Scholarships will be released soon.
- Finish your senior year strong, admissions can be rescinded.
- Continue to apply for scholarships.
- Check Bright Futures requirements, if you meet the GPA and classes requirement but not the test score requirements, sign up for the next SAT/ACT.
- Students entering the military need to finalize plans and sign papers with the military recruiter.
- Students attending college need to select the post-secondary institution they will be attending and request final transcript via TBA. You need to follow up by contacting their office of admissions, financial aid, etc. Make sure to meet their deadlines.