Dear Hawk Families,
We are so excited for the 2016-2017 school year to get started at Southern Oaks Middle School! As your new principal, I am very excited to work with our families and community to provide the very best education for our students. We look forward to meeting each and every family this year at our Open House, 3:30-5:30 on Wednesday, August 10, 2016.
Families are invited to attend to:
- See your student’s schedule
- Meet your student’s amazing Hawk teachers
- Check your bus assignment
- Apply for free and reduced lunch
- Buy a school spirit shirt
- Pick up a copy of the dress code
- Sign up for Skyward Family access to see your student’s attendance and grades
- Join SAC and/or PTO . We warmly invite all parents take part in these supportive programs.
Our school’s mission is to continuously improve student achievement through a focus on the success of each individual. Our core business is the creation of challenging engaging and satisfying work for each student, every day. Our goal is every student future ready!
Did You Know? SOMS is…
- Home to 913 6th-8th
- Offers electives to challenge middle schoolers to high levels in band, art, theatre, computer applications, robotics, and Spanish.
- A Kids at Hope School
- A PBIS School
- Winner of a 5-Star Award for Community and Parent Involvement
- B-Rated School
- Offers an intramural sports program in Volleyball, Soccer, and Basketball.
- Offers after school tutoring for core classes, and before school programs as well.
Once again, I would like to welcome all families back to school.
Bridgette Hargadine, Principal