Mrs. Greene embodies what it means to be a dedicated and empowering leader. She leads by example, inspiring those around her to continuously grow and do what is best for kids.
Parkway Elementary, in partnership with parents and community members, is a culture of lifelong learners who master challenging content, applies critical and independent thinking skills thus exceeds state standards.
Our mission is to instill the treasure of knowledge, citizenship, and self-esteem in all students. The Parkway family provides engaging instruction in a safe and caring environment while fostering success and creating lifelong learners.
All members share the responsibility in identifying the academic and personal talents of our students.
- Implementation of a traditional, comprehensive curriculum with an emphasis on integrating reading and writing into mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Research-based programs and instructional strategies are employed. Instruction is driven by the analysis of ongoing assessment.
- Teachers design challenging and engaging activities and assignments to meet the needs of all students.
- When needed, some students may receive individual or small group instruction.
- Teaching and Learning are enhanced through the use of technology throughout the school. Every classroom has a classroom audio visual system (CAVS).
- Students have access to multimedia technology in their classrooms as well as a technology resource lab providing assignments and projects for our 21st century learners.
- Additionally, media, physical education, music, and art are resource classes with a specifically enriched curriculum that helps provide for a well-rounded student.
- Students are rewarded throughout the year for outstanding achievements.
- Students are recognized for academic achievement by earning Honor Roll and Principal’s Honor Roll.
All of this is accomplished through our continued collaboration with parents and community members. We encourage our families and community to support the achievement of our students by becoming an active member of the Parkway family.