Mission: To provide rigorous, quality instruction, which will prepare our students to meet the challenges they will encounter throughout all developmental and social stages of life.
- We offer a rigorous academic curriculum that helps children meet their goals of achieving success in English Language Arts and Mathematics.
- We offer a full-time gifted program to eligible students.
- We are a Kids at Hope School
- We are a Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support (PBIS) School
- All of our students and teachers have access to the latest computer equipment and software programs in our classrooms and computer lab.
- At Lawnwood, our motto is “Many Leopards, One Roar.”
- Active SAC and PTO who support many student and family activities
- Monthly Night of Family Learning Events
- Nationally Board Certified Teachers
- Instructional Coaches to support teachers and students
- Over 15,000 volunteer hours — Golden School Award
- Received the Commissioner of Education’s Five Star School Award for community involvement
- Continued successful Big Brothers/Big Sisters mentoring program
- Recipient of numerous St. Lucie County Education Foundation Classroom grants
PBIS is Positive Behavior Intervention and Support
Positive Behavior Intervention Support is a collaborative (team-based), educative, proactive and functional process to developing effective interventions for problem behavior. The positive refers to a change of focus from reactive, constantly pointing out what students did wrong (negatives), to proactive teaching and recognizing what children are doing right (positives). PBIS views appropriate consequences as those that are effective in changing the student’s inappropriate behavior. PBIS acknowledges and rewards students for following school-wide expectations and rules. Appropriate behavior is acknowledged after the fact. The rewards are earned, not offered as payoff in exchange for good behavior.