At Rivers Edge Elementary, we encourage and celebrate a strong partnership with parents. Family socials, curriculum nights, student performances, and joining children for lunch help you meet classmates and neighbors.
Rivers Edge invites parents to participate in several programs: School Advisory Council, Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), or School Volunteer program. Parents may also become business partners. To volunteer in the school or become involved in the school contact the PTO and/or volunteer coordinator for details.
To encourage parent, public, and teacher involvement in Rivers Edge Elementary.
We would like to encourage you to join the REE PTO. Meetings are held the first Friday of each month. Be sure to check the calendar and message board in front of school in case of changes.
The number-one reason to join the Parent Teacher Organization is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected – There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources – The PTO offers a variety of activities designed for families and teachers.
- Watch Yourself Grow – By volunteering with your PTO, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause-your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up – Because the PTO is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTO can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement – By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTOs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events-all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a Role Model – By becoming a PTO member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
The PTO oversees an extensive volunteer program in support of Rivers Edge Elementary’s staff and students. The following are some of the activities that the PTO will be organizing this school year and will need volunteers for:
- Catalog Sales
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Random Acts of Kindness (RAK committee-provide teachers each month with a small token of appreciation)
- Spring Fling
- Annual Camp Out
- Holiday Gift Shop
- Monthly Grade Group Performances
- Family movie night
The PTO raises funds through family events, and various other methods of fundraising. Last year, funds raised by the PTO were used to supplement funds beyond what the county can provide to pay for activities, programs, supplies, and equipment that have greatly enriched and touched the lives of all Rivers Edge Elementary staff and students. The following are some of the PTO expenditures in the past:
- End of Year Classroom Parties
- Math and Reading Enrichment Materials
- Smart Boards
- Digital Cameras
- Cultural Arts Events
- Field Trips
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade Float
- Technology equipment
- Playground Equipment
- Water Fountains