St. Lucie County School District in partnership with parents and community will become premier centers of knowledge that are organized around students and the work provided to them. St. Lucie County School District’s name will be synonymous with continuously improving student achievement and the success of each individual. Our school district’s promise is to move from good to great focusing on our core business, the creation of challenging, engaging and satisfying work for each student, every day. This is the St. Lucie Way!
The Mission of Southport Middle School is to inspire and empower compassionate, global learners who are committed to creating a better and more peaceful world.
- Five Star School Gold School Award
- Partnership with Morningside Library
- Partnership with Children’s Services Council of St. Lucie County for the parent workshops
- PBIS Model School Gold 2014 – 2015 2015 – 2016 2016 – 2017 2017 – 2018
- PBIS Model School Bronze 2018 – 2019
- Top Middle School FSA science scores in the district
- CHAMPS utilized in every classroom
- Numerous Parent Involvement Events
- Drama Department produces two highly successful musicals each year
- Member of the Florida Bandmasters Association earning Superior ratings for the past 4 years
- Participation in the FBA Solo and Ensemble Festival, as well as IRSC Four County Honor Band and St. Lucie County Honor Band
The Middle School program is designed to provide the adolescent student with the support that he/she needs to make a smooth transition from either the elementary to the middle grades, or from the middle grades to the high school level. The program addresses the unique needs of the middle school child both socially and academically. Teams of teachers work and plan together to provide a balanced interdisciplinary approach to curriculum, and advisor-advisee program for students, and to foster student independence and a growth mindset.