Honors, Awards, and Recognitions
Florida Department of Education 5 Star School
The Five Star School Award was created by the Commissioner’s Community Involvement Council and is presented annually to those schools that have shown evidence of exemplary community involvement. In order to earn FIVE STAR school recognition, a school must show documentation that it has achieved 100% of the established criteria in the categories of business partnerships, family involvement, volunteerism, student community service, and School Advisory Councils.
Florida’s Golden School Award
The Golden School Award is given annually by the Florida Department of Education to recognize public schools with exemplary volunteer programs. Hours donated in all forms of volunteering, i.e. mentors, tutors, advisors and advocates, are to be included. A Golden School must meet the following criteria:
- A staff training program on volunteerism in which a minimum of 80% of the school staff have participated during the school year.
- A School Volunteer Coordinator who has been designated to provide leadership for the school volunteer program through recruitment, placement, training and supervision of participants.
- A total number of hours in volunteer service that equals twice the number of students enrolled in the school. These hours of volunteer service will be in the areas that support instruction. ” (FLDOE website)
PBIS Model School – Gold Level
Bayshore Elementary School is a GOLD LEVEL PBIS Model School! A PBIS Model School is one that has met specific criteria and has demonstrated innovative, creative, and functional ways of supporting PBIS in their respective school. Specific characteristics of PBIS Model Schools are their consistent methods of: (1) utilizing their data to better serve the students and staff, (2) teaching PBIS to new students throughout the school year, (3) creative and engaging reward systems, (4) extending PBIS throughout the campus and partnering with the community, and (5) including PBIS into daily activities across all available teaching opportunities. PBIS Model Schools have made a commitment to both PBIS and to their schools and it shows!” – USF website
Kids at Hope School
Bayshore Elementary School is a Kids at Hope school. Kids at Hope is the philosophy that “All children are capable of success, NO EXCEPTIONS.” Our staff members are treasure hunters searching for the treasures in every student.
Kids at Hope Pledge
I am a Kid at Hope.
I am talented, smart & capable of success.
I have dreams for the future and I will climb to reach those goals & dreams every day.
All Children are Capable of Success,
Positive Behavior Intervention and Support
In the past, school-wide discipline has focused mainly on reacting to specific student misbehavior by implementing punishment-based strategies including reprimands, loss of privileges, office referrals, suspensions, and expulsions. Research has shown that the implementation of punishment, especially when it is used inconsistently and in the absence of other positive strategies, is ineffective. Introducing, modeling, and reinforcing positive social behavior is an important part of a student’s educational experience. Teaching behavioral expectations and rewarding students for following them is a much more positive approach than waiting for misbehavior to occur before responding. The purpose of school-wide PBIS is to establish a climate in which appropriate behavior is the norm. Please see our PBIS page for additional information.
Our mascot is Jazzy the Jaguar. He wears his “SPOTS” every day, and so do our students!
To support PBS, Bayshore has implemented school-wide expectations.
Treat others with respect
Show how to be responsible
When students are “caught” wearing their SPOTS, they earn Jazzy Cash. Jazzy Cash can be saved to purchase specific items or participate in special events, such as raffles, bingo, school dances and much more.
Celebrating the success of our students is important to us! We have several recognition programs:
- Jazzy Super Students (our student of the month program)
- Principal’s Honor Roll (straight A’s)
- Bayshore Honor Roll (all A’s and B’s with no P’s and N’s)
- Perfect Attendance
- Sunshine State Readers Club
- Jazzy Cash
- Class Cash
- Science Fair
10 Things We Hear The Community Say About Bayshore
- Parents and children are excited to attend Bayshore and recommend it to others.
- Bayshore provides my child with a quality, well rounded, and rigorous education.
- Bayshore is a large school, but I feel my child still gets individual attention and that their needs come first.
- Bayshore teaches the whole child in a hands-on environment, not just academically but socially, during school and through extracurricular activities.
- Bayshore’s highly qualified teachers are awesome, caring and knowledgeable and make learning fun.
- Bayshore’s staff is positive and acts professionally so my child likes and respects them and is excited to attend school every day!
- Bayshore’s front office staff greets me in a friendly and courteous way when I enter the school or call. I feel welcomed!
- Bayshore’s administrative team is accessible and provides a safe, nurturing environment for children.
- Bayshore involves the parents and families in lots of activities, keeping parents well informed for positive reasons as well as problems which occur.
- Bayshore cares about our diverse population and is constantly striving to involve all families in our community to participate in a variety of activities for the children. We work for and care about the community.