Our goal at St. Lucie West K-8 School is to continue to provide excellent teaching and learning experiences for students.
Located in Port St. Lucie, we offer high standard academic courses with a strong emphasis placed on reading, writing and technology. Each classroom is equipped with student computer workstations and supervised Internet access. A variety of academic and elective courses are available to enable students to make good, sound choices about their future, and to instill in them the desire for lifelong learning.
St. Lucie West K-8 School highlights vocational and technical studies with specific programs designed for each grade level.
- Students work in a networked, state-of-art synergistic lab, studying topics that include audio/video broadcasting, engineering, electronics, rocketry and space.
- Our Careers and Business Education programs also utilize synergistic labs, offering topics that prepare students for future success.
- The Art program at St. Lucie West K-8 School introduces students to art through a variety of mediums including charcoal drawing, painting, clay and figure molding, art history and graphic design.
- Students can discover the world of music as part of our Band/Music program. Students will develop skills that will prepare them for a lifetime of music.
We are proud to offer a before-school intramural program. A Junior Pro athletic league allows students to learn basics and compete in volleyball and basketball.Read More
Congratulations to our Young Authors winners!
- Cashell Canonoy – My New School, Teacher, Mrs. Fryer Dommel
- Christen McCann – Me in the Mirror, Teacher, Mrs. Fryer Dommel
- Megan Perusse – My Encounter, Teacher, Ms. Santeramo
- 6th grade - Kaya Perez - Talia Talons – Teacher, Mrs. Gibson
- 7th grade - Rachel Fryer Dommel - The Depression Through My Eyes – Teacher, Mrs. Gibson
- 7th grade – Sarah Rasmussen – Mable – Teacher, Mrs. Gibson
Interim Progress Letters will be sent home to students in Grades 6-8 on May 9th.
Early Dismissal is May 17th at 2:00 pm
End-of-Year Awards for Grades 1-5 are May 21st in the gymnasium as follows:
- 9:45 am – 2nd Grade
- 10:45 am – 1st Grade
- 12:45 pm – 4th Grade
- 1:45 pm – 5th Grade
- 2:45 pm – 3rd Grade
End-of-Year Awards for Grades 6 & 7 are May 22nd in the gymnasium as follows:
- 9:45 am – 6th Grade Makos
- 10:30 am – 6th/7th Grade Whitetips
- 12:15 pm – 7th Grade Hammerheads
- 1:15 pm – 7th Grade Whale Sharks
- 2:15 pm – 6th Grade Tiger Sharks
End-of-Year Awards for Kindergarten are May 30th in the Cafeteria at 9:45 am.
End-of-Year Awards for 8th Grade are June 6th at 10:00 am in the gymnasium (parents and guests must have a ticket to attend – no exceptions).
Last day for students – June 7th.Read More
The SLWK-8 Middle School Drama Department
Will Proudly Present
A One Act Play
Remember Middle School? Perhaps you are wondering what it will be like?
Well, that first day can be a Funhouse or a Hall of Horrors!
Will you fit in? Did you wear the right clothes? How will you find your class?
Why do those Eighth graders look so big?
Middle School is a tricky tightrope and a crazy journey between being a kid and being a teenager.
So, come on out and enjoy the ride as our talented Middle School Students
try to keep their balance on the first day of Middle School!!
Tickets: Adults $5.00 & Students: $2.00
To pre-purchase tickets, click here.Read More
Progress Reports will be available on Family Access on the following dates for May:
- May 2
- May 16
- May 30
Spring Pictures are here!
- If you would like to purchase the entire package, simply place your check or money order in the payment envelope and return the payment envelope to your child’s teacher.
- If you would like to purchase some of the pictures, select the sheet(s) you want, place the check or money order for those in the payment envelope and return the payment envelope and unwanted sheets to your child’s teacher.
- If you do not want any of the pictures, simply return the entire package to your child’s teacher.
You may also purchase the pictures online. Go to mylifetouch.com. Use the Picture Day ID ST112845W0.Read More
Click on our monthly calendar and newsletter to see what is happening in our school and check for upcoming events.Read More