Our goal at St. Lucie West K-8 School is to continue to provide excellent teaching and learning experiences for students.
Located in Port St. Lucie, we offer high standard academic courses with a strong emphasis placed on reading, writing and technology. Each classroom is equipped with student computer workstations and supervised Internet access. A variety of academic and elective courses are available to enable students to make good, sound choices about their future, and to instill in them the desire for lifelong learning.
St. Lucie West K-8 School highlights vocational and technical studies with specific programs designed for each grade level.
- Students work in a networked, state-of-art synergistic lab, studying topics that include audio/video broadcasting, engineering, electronics, rocketry and space.
- Our Careers and Business Education programs also utilize synergistic labs, offering topics that prepare students for future success.
- The Art program at St. Lucie West K-8 School introduces students to art through a variety of mediums including charcoal drawing, painting, clay and figure molding, art history and graphic design.
- Students can discover the world of music as part of our Band/Music program. Students will develop skills that will prepare them for a lifetime of music.
We are proud to offer a before-school intramural program. A Junior Pro athletic league allows students to learn basics and compete in volleyball and basketball.Read More
The Final Exam Testing Schedule for students in Grades 6-8 is as follows:
- Wednesday, May 29th – Reading and Language Arts
- Thursday, May 30th – Science and Math (Grade 8 only)
- Friday, May 31st – Math (Grades 6-7)
- Monday, June 3rd – Social Studies and Electives
- Tuesday, June 4th – Creative Writing, Critical Thinking and Research
- Wednesday, June 5th – Friday, June 7th – Make-ups
End-of-Year Awards for Grades 1-5 are May 21st in the gymnasium as follows:
- 9:45 am – 2nd Grade
- 10:45 am – 1st Grade
- 12:45 pm – 4th Grade
- 1:45 pm – 5th Grade
- 2:45 pm – 3rd Grade
End-of-Year Awards for Grades 6 & 7 are May 22nd in the gymnasium as follows:
- 9:45 am – 6th Grade Makos
- 10:30 am – 6th/7th Grade Whitetips
- 12:15 pm – 7th Grade Hammerheads
- 1:15 pm – 7th Grade Whale Sharks
- 2:15 pm – 6th Grade Tiger Sharks
End-of-Year Awards for Kindergarten are May 30th in the Cafeteria at 9:45 am.
End-of-Year Awards for 8th Grade are June 6th at 10:00 am in the gymnasium (parents and guests must have a ticket to attend – no exceptions).
Last day for students – June 7th.Read More
Congratulations to our Young Authors winners!
- Cashell Canonoy – My New School, Teacher, Mrs. Fryer Dommel
- Christen McCann – Me in the Mirror, Teacher, Mrs. Fryer Dommel
- Megan Perusse – My Encounter, Teacher, Ms. Santeramo
- 6th grade - Kaya Perez - Talia Talons – Teacher, Mrs. Gibson
- 7th grade - Rachel Fryer Dommel - The Depression Through My Eyes – Teacher, Mrs. Gibson
- 7th grade – Sarah Rasmussen – Mable – Teacher, Mrs. Gibson
Progress Reports will be available on Family Access on the following dates for May:
- May 2
- May 16
- May 30
Click on our monthly calendar and newsletter to see what is happening in our school and check for upcoming events.Read More