Morningside Elementary believes that one of the keys to a successful education is in strong partnerships with families. We encourage and celebrate a strong partnership with parents. Family socials, curriculum nights, student performances, and joining children for lunch help you meet classmates and neighbors.
Parent Committees Mission
To encourage parent, public, and teacher involvement at Morningside Elementary School.
The number-one reason to join the Parent Committees is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected – There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources – The Parent Committees offer a variety of activities designed for families and teachers.
- Watch Yourself Grow – By volunteering with your Parent Committee, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause-your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up – Because the Parent Committees are a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. Parent Committees can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement – By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Parent Committee play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events-all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a Role Model – By becoming a Parent Committee member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Parent Committee Activities
The Parent Committee oversees an extensive volunteer program in support of Morningside Elementary’s staff and students. The following are some of the activities that the Parent Committees will be organizing this school year and will need volunteers for:
- Fundraising--Catalog Sales, Organize Dine-to-Donate, Smencil/Lollipop Sales, Host Festivals, etc.–Development of Flyers.
- Staff Appreciation Week--(Last week of April) Seek community donations, organize/serve special treats, staff gift.
- Random Acts of Kindness–Woot Woot Wagon, Special “National Day” Surprises, Luncheons, etc.
- Holiday Gift Shop–Setup/Break Down of Holiday Shop, Assisting students with shopping, Cash register.
- MLK Committee--Plan for and decorate a float for MLK Parade, Plan for Kindness Week.
- Dance Committees–Support School-Sponsored Dances, Host Committee-Sponsored Dances–Including planning, flyers, decorating, facilitating.
- Color Run–Organizing, Advertising, Collection of funds, receipt of monies collected.
- Kona Ice–Volunteer to help students–Facilitate movement of line, Assist students with syrups, being a caring face!
- Beautiful Team–Face lift for the campus! Solicit donations/sponsorships from community businesses.
- And much, much more!
Through the integration of Parent Committees, at the end of the school year, we will host a parent informational meeting, regarding the formation of PTO for SY24-25. We will be hosting nominations/elections of PTO Office Positions:
- Vice President
Check monthly calendar for updates.
INTERESTED IN JOINING?