Morningside Elementary believes that one of the keys to a successful education is in strong partnerships with families. We encourage and celebrate a strong partnership with parents. Family socials, curriculum nights, student performances, and joining children for lunch help you meet classmates and neighbors.
To encourage parent, public, and teacher involvement at Morningside Elementary School.
The number-one reason to join the Parent Teacher Organization is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected – There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources – The PTO offers a variety of activities designed for families and teachers.
- Watch Yourself Grow – By volunteering with your PTO, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause-your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up – Because the PTO is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTO can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement – By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTOs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events-all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a Role Model – By becoming a PTO member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
The PTO oversees an extensive volunteer program in support of Morningside Elementary’s staff and students. The following are some of the activities that the PTO will be organizing this school year and will need volunteers for:
- Catalog Sales
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Holiday Gift Shop
- Support School-Sponsored Fundraisers
- And much, much more!
PTO will meet: TBA
Check monthly calendar for updates.
INTERESTED IN JOINING?