What is Key Club?
Key Club is a worldwide organization that is dedicated to helping serve the community by volunteering and creating a friendly environment in schools. This club is for anyone and everyone. No special requirements needed to join, just a passion to help and create a safe community.
Key Club is the largest and oldest student-led organization, founded in 1925. Our club promotes leadership and inclusiveness by welcoming all members and helping our community through clean-ups, food drives, and much more. As of right now, Key Club has thousands of clubs in more than 38 countries, with us being one of them!
When & Where Does the Key Club Meet?
The Key Club meets once every month in Ms. Hoffman’s room (Room 703) at the end of the day. Meetings can usually last from 30 minutes to an hour. Some of the meeting days are spent doing volunteer work for the school or the community. There are also some volunteering opportunities available on the weekends as well.
What Does Key Club Stand For?
- Vision: We are caring and competent servant leaders transforming communities worldwide
- Core Values: Leadership, Character Building, Caring, and Inclusiveness
- Mission Statement: Key Club is an international student-led organization which provides its members with opportunities to provide service, build character, and develop leadership
- Pledge: I pledge, on my honor, to uphold the Objects of Key Club International; to build my home, school, and community; to serve my nation and God; and combat all forces which tend to undermine these institutions
- Motto: “Caring – Our Way of Life”
- To develop initiative and leadership
- To provide experience in living and working
- To serve the school and community
- To cooperate with the school principal
- To prepare for useful citizenship
- To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than material values of life
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationship
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship, and social contacts
- To develop, by precedent and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship
The “Start With Hello” Program
The Start With Hello program and campaign is all for making a difference to prevent violence among the youth. Inclusivity is one of the program’s main message! It strives to leave no student lonely and to value the uniqueness and individuality of every student. Ways to incorporate this campaign’s message into your daily school routine is, to talk to and to include any peer that may be isolated. Many new friends have been made through this wonderful program and can be a great way to make a forever best friend! All you have to do is “Start With Hello!”