- Login to Skyward to check your graduation requirements. Check daily to assist in earning high grades.
- Login to Naviance to check your GPA and rank.
- Login to Naviance weekly. Complete any “Important To-Do’s and Task list” and check Naviance messages.
- Stay involved in a school club or extracurricular activity (band, drama, sports, etc.)
- Make a plan to get community service hours completed and turned into JAG Services monthly.
- Make sure you have taken at least one or currently enrolled in a CTE/DE/IB/AP course.
- Prepare and take the PSAT. PSAT is one of the requirements for the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Complete MI Advantage in Naviance to explore career options based on your multiple intelligence profiles.
- Login to Skyward daily to check grades and assignments. Higher GPA’s qualify for more opportunities.
- Attend career and college nights to speak with representatives.
- If you are an athlete being recruited or a possible recruit by the NCAA and/or NAIA, make sure you have registered with their clearinghouse and make sure you are track with their academic requirements.
- Research colleges and other post-secondary options for entrance requirements in Naviance.
- Register for the College Board Opportunity Scholarships at cb.org/opportunity You can win scholarships for completing college planing steps.
- If you failed a core class required for graduation, meet with your counselor ASAP to develop a plan to get back on track for graduation.
- Need a fee waiver for the SAT/ACT or NCAA/NAIA clearinghouse? Complete the free/reduced online lunch application to see if you qualify.
- Interested in the Military? Explore Today’s Military and sign up to take the ASVAB on campus via Naviance.
- Stay involved with school activities. Pursue leadership roles and make a commitment. Continue to turn in community service hours monthly to JAG Services.
- Keep grades up, continue to check Skyward and talk to your teachers, a high GPA is important.
- Review PSAT via Khan Academy. Use the free personalized SAT prep via Khan to prepare for the school day SAT. High test scores are needed for a lot of colleges and scholarships including Bright Futures.
- Make sure you have completed SuperMatch College Search in Naviance and add at least 3 schools to the “Thinking About” list.
- Make sure you have completed the MI Advantage in Naviance.
- Update your resume in Naviance
- Take the School Day SAT
- Focus on current grades, finish the year strong to help your GPA.
- Pick senior classes based on future college and career planning.
- Once SAT scores are received, use Khan Academy to study so you can improve the next time.
- Make a plan to visit college campuses in the summer.
- Find a job or participate in a summer camp or summer college program
- Check application deadlines for college applications. Start the application process. Apply online directly to the university or see if they use common application.
- Update your resume in Naviance and start looking for scholarships.
- Complete any summer reading assignments for high school classes enrolled in for Fall.
- Check Skyward to make sure your grades have been posted and check your graduation requirements.