Program Coordinator/Instructor: Chef Roland Foerster
Industry Certifications / Credentials Offered:
- Certified Food Protection Manager (SERVSAFE)
- Prostart Certificate of Achievement
- National Food Safety Manager
To Learn More about the Culinary Program at Port St. Lucie High School, visit this website: Culinary Arts at Port St. Lucie High School
Visit us on Facebook: Jag Chefs
Culinary Arts at Port St. Lucie High combines Culinary Academics with hands-on training in all facets of the hospitality field. First year centers on National Industry Certifications in Food Safety, basic cooking and baking skills. Advanced classes take part in on and off premises catering, cooking techniques, service skills. Upper school courses focus on public events and serving the Jaguar Community. Students are introduced to Regional American and World Cuisine. There are opportunities for school-to-work, scholarships, and apprenticeships.
Varsity an JV Culinary attend University workshops, travel for competitions, community and business events.
PSL Culinary also engages real-world issues such as World Hunger, Agriculture and Sustainability, Nutrition, Climate Change and Consumer Marketing.
- Prostart Culinary Statewide Competition
- Skills USA
- Treasure Coast Seafood Festival
- Taste of St Lucie
- St Lucie Student Chef Competition
- Mayor’s Luncheon St Lucie
- Fresh From Florida Chef Cook-Off
- FRLA Restaurant & Lodging Show Orlando