Class of 2022
The College Board Opportunity Scholarship is open.
About the Scholarship
When it comes to college, it’s never too early to explore, research, and dream. And you’re not alone—we’re here to help guide you through that journey.
Students in the class of 2022 who build a college list with 6 or more colleges on our college planning site, BigFuture™, can earn a chance at a $500 scholarship.
College Board will award 500 Opportunity Scholarships every month in January, February, and March to students who build a college list, and 100 Opportunity Scholarships per month in April, May, and June.
How to Qualify
Sign in to your College Board account and build a college list on BigFuture with at least six colleges to earn one entry in the monthly drawing.
- Join or log in to the College Board Opportunity Scholarships program.
- Search for colleges on BigFuture and save them to your list. Make sure you’re signed in to your College Board account to save your list.
- Add at least 6 schools to your list
Tips for Building Your List
- What is a college list? A college list is a record you create of colleges and universities that could be a good fit for you. The list can include schools close to home or in other cities and states.
- How can I build a strong list? Consider colleges that match your interests, goals, and what’s important to you. You can use average GPA and test scores, potential majors, and other factors to help you narrow it down.
- How do I earn entries? Earn an entry by adding at least 6 colleges to your college list on BigFuture. Make sure to have at least 6 colleges on your list.
Increase Your Chances
More scholarships are awarded in January, February, and March. When you build your list early, you have a chance at a higher number of scholarships in those months.
Whenever students whose families earn less than $60,000 a year build a college list, they’ll earn an extra entry in monthly drawings and have double the chances at a scholarship.
Dates and Deadlines
Scholarships are awarded every month from January through June 2021. A new eligibility window starts on the first day of each month and ends at midnight on the last day of the month. The drawing occurs on the first day of the following month.
In January, February, and March, 500 students will be randomly selected on the drawing dates to receive a $500 scholarship. Of those scholarships, 250 will go to students whose families earn less than $60,000 per year.
In April, May, and June, 100 students will be randomly selected on the drawing dates to receive a $500 scholarship. Of those scholarships, 50 will go to students whose families earn less than $60,000 per year.