Students must wear:
- “School Appropriate” clothing, covering shoulders to knees.
- Collared, turtle neck, professional attire or official spirit shirts (clubs, academy, athletic, honor roll, blood drive, medical skills class scrubs and JROTC uniforms) of an appropriate length that have sleeves and do not reveal cleavage or midsection.
- Students may also wear a crewneck or high-cut V-neck t-shirt with school appropriate graphics or text.
- Dresses, shorts, skirts, or skirt slits at knee length or below.
- Pants, shorts, and skirts worn above the hipbone.
- Shoes, tennis shoes, sandals, flip flops, slides, or boots.
Students must NOT wear:
- House slippers in any form.
- Anything that exposes undergarments or is see-through or sheer in nature including very tight clothing.
- Anything that has holes, tears or frays above the knee.
- Clothing that is pajama type in nature.
- Clothing, accessories, jewelry or flags associated with gangs or referencing drugs, tobacco, alcohol, weapons, violence, or sex. The only acceptable flag is the United States Flag (Stars and Stripes).
- Accessories that create a safety concern (wallet chains, studded necklaces, wrist bands, large rings, hair picks, large combs).
- Hats of any type (see notes below).
Head coverings of any type may not be worn on campus. Students wearing hats, beanies, headbands, skullcaps, or bandanas will have them confiscated. The only students who are permitted to wear hats on campus are JROTC cadets on pre-assigned uniform days. Cadets may not wear their headgear indoors and must remove it upon entering a hallway. The school’s administration/designee shall be the final judge of wearing apparel/accessories and will determine whether such items are appropriate, disruptive, offensive, distracting, or in violation of health and safety rules.