Integrity • Service Before Self • Excellence In All We Do
The program’s mission is to “Develop Citizens of Character Dedicated to Serving Their Nation and Community”.
The objectives of the Air Force Junior ROTC program are to:
- educate and train high school cadets in citizenship and life skills
- promote community service
- instill the values of citizenship, services to the United States, and personal responsibility
- develop character and self-discipline, and a sense of accomplishment
In an effort to produce well-informed and helpful citizens, AFJROTC encourages its cadets to get involved in their local communities. This is one of the most interesting and fun aspects of the AFJROTC experience. The cadets are given an opportunity to develop their leadership skills by organizing and structuring events, such as Honor Flight events, Color Guard Events, Fundraising events, and many others that include other parts of the community that we either help, or are being helped by. Some Units may organize POW/MIA ceremonies, parades, field trips, CAP flights, and various other activities. Any proceeds from these fund-raising activities benefit the respective units, or to charities they elect to support or sponsor.
Curriculum is comprised of:
- Aerospace science – 40%
- Leadership Education – 40%
- Physical fitness for life training – 20%
All students who successfully complete AFJROTC classes are granted credit toward graduation. Classroom study includes:
- the heritage of flight
- principles of aircraft flight and navigation
- human requirements of flight
- development of aerospace power
- aerospace vehicles
- space programs, space technology, and aerospace industry
Students are also introduced to military customs and ceremonies, effective communications, management, human relations, and life after high school. All uniforms and curriculum materials are provided by the Air Force. The cadets will develop leadership qualities, and will learn how to work efficiently with others. The AFJROTC program is not for recruiting, but for educating.
Lieutenant Colonel Cavallaro – Senior Aerospace Science Instructor
772-807-4300 ext 3953