The mission of Port St. Lucie High School is to prepare all students for personal success, college and the global workplace, by strategically designing rigorous and engaging work for all students in a caring supportive environment.
Port St. Lucie High School is a vibrant energetic high school with a long history in the community that is living out its tagline: The Pride of Port St. Lucie.
There is widespread school, academic and athletic pride among Jaguars–which creates a strong feeling of respect and pride among all our stakeholders. Staff, students and parents are excited to be part of the Jaguar Family.
Our historic campus is carefully maintained to create a welcoming place for staff, parents and the community. As technology changes, so do we! Technology is a valued tool, usable, accessible and current, for teachers and students.
Relationships are a core value of the school. We demonstrate this value by:
- Making sure everyone feels welcomed and supported.
- Organizing ourselves into smaller learning communities
- Ensuring that every student feels recognized and connected. Personalization is key!
- Using collaborative instructional practices to develop strong, unified curriculum and instruction.
- Creating deliberate time for staff to collaborate, problem-solve and interact.
- Striving together to design high quality and academically rigorous work for students.
- Collaborating to consistently support student behavior and it shows in improved discipline data over the years.
PSLHS is a school with high expectations for motivating, engaging and preparing students to meet high standards. Every student will be future-ready! There is fidelity to teaching to the standards, with clear expectations for all shareholders. Parents and teachers work together to hold their students accountable and “raise the bar” for all students. Working together, we expect more and we achieve more.
- Collaborative teaming and planning lead to mutual respect, good communication, and strong relationships. People need to feel connected. Collaboration leads to strong instruction, consistent curriculum, and efficient problem-solving.
- A world class education requires equitable access to current resources and technology to provide high quality instruction to students. Technology instruction should go beyond engagement and entertainment, and be carefully utilized to enhance learning in science, technology, engineering, the arts and mathematics.
- We are creating future leaders. It takes a village to raise our students to strive for the best, think critically and practice ethical-decision making. Teachers model behavior and monitor students as a team.
- Realizing the needs of the student, clear consistent boundaries must be established. Consistent progressive discipline, expecting the best behavior of students, creates a culture of success.
- We have to give frequent feedback and teach students how to take ownership of their learning. Frequent celebrations of success help students see the end results of their hard work and decisions.